1. Finding toilet paper at the store is like finding a winning lottery ticket. Even if is not my favorite brand, I am filled with gratitude for finding it. Who knew that an everyday item could impart such joy?
2. They say that necessity is the mother of invention. I learned that not being able to find things I usually buy at the grocery store causes me to try new and . . . interesting . . . ingredient combinations.
3. The fur babies are loving having us home more. Having them cuddle on my lap makes me feel better, too. They help ground me and bring me comfort in trying times.
4. Taking time to look at the tree branches swaying in the breeze, to listen to the birds singing, to feel the sun on my face is a result of having the time to do so. These simple pleasures never felt so good.
5. It is possible to watch too much TV news or read too much news reports on the internet. For my sanity, I need to step back and return to the present. Today is a gift to be treasured. Who knows what the future may bring? I may as well enjoy now.
(photo courtesy of pixabay.com)