Well, you get the idea. It's a stressful time and being nice about it is not high on my priority list.
So, take a deep breath. Take another. And now let's think of how to get through this month.
You have no doubt heard, "Be the change you want to see in the world." Let's take this in baby steps, shall we?
For this week, let's focus on thinking kind thoughts. Keep it simple. Take any or all of these ideas, or come up with some of your own.
- Mentally bless the person in front of you, whether in line, or near you in traffic or on the bus or train.
- Find something to admire in a person.
- Imagine hugging a person who seems to need it.
- Be grateful for something in a situation.
- Be grateful for something in a person.
- Be grateful for something beautiful in your surroundings.
- Be grateful for when your needs and/or wants are met.
- Don't be so hard on yourself.
- Forgive someone -- or yourself -- today.
- Tell yourself a joke.
- Dwell on a happy memory.
- Smile in the mirror.
For one week, let's make this our mission. Be the change!
(photo courtesy of pixabay)