Good for you. You're helping to change the tone of the world right now, even in your corner of it.
For this week, let's up the game a little bit and add to our kind thoughts and positive words this -- kind deeds. This may be more of a challenge, given the busyness of the season, but I have confidence in you. Here are a few ideas, but again, feel free to come up with some of your own:
- Pay for the coffee for the person behind you in line.
- Leave a thank-you note or send an email for someone you don't normally talk to -- the mail deliverer, your favorite columnist, the person who does such a nice job making your life easier or more beautiful.
- Give a child a hug (first getting the parent's permission is a good idea).
- Hug your pet.
- Hug yourself.
- Trade chores with your significant other if it helps them relax.
- Allow yourself a little time to put your feet up and relax.
- Leave an anonymous gift for someone who helps you at work or home.
- Smile at strangers.
- Smile at yourself.
- Laugh with others.
- Watch a funny, uplifting movie with your family or friends.
We'll change this world yet, one kind deed at a time.
(photo courtesy of pixabay.com)