What I found most helpful is the list of strategies to combat toxic energy (and if you're an empath, you know exactly what I'm talking about). Here are a few of the suggestions I found most useful:
- Ask yourself, "Is this symptom or emotion mine or someone else's?"
- Step away from what's disturbing you
- Limit physical contact
- Set limits and boundaries
- Plan alone time to regroup
- Spend time in nature
- Get plenty of sleep and take power naps
- Be fully present in your body
If I had known how to practice those strategies years ago, I would have saved myself days of emotional overwhelm, physical symptoms such as sudden headaches or body aches, and so on. Do you experience those issues, too? If so, get this book.